My Daughter Gave Birth to Quadruplets!

Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Psalms 112:1-2







Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Bio Results/A Slight Change of Plans



Tony's grandma made these adorably soft blankets and caps for her great-grandchildren. It won't be long now.

The biophysicals went well this time. Every baby scored an 8.

Sarah is getting so big she that it is hard for her to eat much after breakfast. She said it feels as if she is stuffed from a huge Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing sounds good to her by dinner time except for peanut butter. We were warned that after 28 weeks she would find eating very difficult. The quads are taking up all of the space in her belly and then some. At least the doctors are pleased with the sizes of the babies. Their weights are equal to the average weight of singletons at this stage. I guess all those high-calorie, around-the-clock meals were worth it. Now if I can just lose the sympathy weight.

Every day, I walk through the halls of the hospital and see so many people whose plans, like ours, have drastically changed. I pray for these people as I go by, wondering about their stories. Everyone has one. What did they do on that last day at home? Did they have any idea that they would spend weeks away from their families when they entered the building? I know that Sarah didn't.

Last summer, Sarah and I bought water park passes. We planned to lounge in the pool this summer with Callie splashing nearby. We have not used them once. There was a slight change of plans.

I want to welcome interruptions as sent by God. I want to be looking for signs of His work when those interruptions come. I choose to believe that the unused water park passes and the extended hospital stay are no coincidence. They were orchestrated by a loving Heavenly Father who knows what is best for all of us. I try to remember that when Callie cries for her mother. It's all part of the plan.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

No comments: